Three Week Intensive
This is a three week intensive course that will give you the necessary skills to begin a career in woodland management. On successfully completing the course you will be trained to industry standards in chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting, felling, manually fed wood chipper and brushcutter.
The course will be complimented with a City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Practical Horticulture Skills course.
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
- NPTC Level 2 Competence in Manually Fed Wood Chippers
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Brushcutter and Trimmer
- City & Guild Level 1 Award in Practical Horticulture Skills
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
Dates: 9th July 2018
Times: 9:15 - 16:15
£115 tuition *
£495 assessment fees
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Grounds Course.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques NPTC Level 3 Award
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Award
- Competance in Manually Fed Wood Chippers NPTC Level 2
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Felling of Small Trees Plumpton College Certificate
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting Plumpton College Certicate
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Felling and Processing Tress up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Award
- Forestry and Arboriculture Intensive Course Level 2
- Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue NPTC Level 2 Award
- Woodland Archaeology One day course
- Woodland Tree Identification Half day course