This course will cover legislation, preparation and maintenance of the sprayer, as well as nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation.
The training will based on the use of a tractor mounted Boom Sprayer.
Please note that this course has a £192.50 mandatory exam fee.
- Legal requirements
- Environmental risks
- Understanding the label
- Set up and efficiency of air system
- Applicator controls and components
- Preparation of prime mover and equipment
- Safe driving
- Nozzle identification/ uses
- Mechanical defects
- Measuring and mixing pesticides
- Sprayer application
- Completion of application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Wellington or full length water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Stop watch
- Notepad and Pen
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
Course reference: PEP010
|Entry Requirements:|| |
PA1 - As this is a short and very intense course, we cannot include tractor driving training. Therefore candidates for this unit must either hold a tractor driving certificate or be a regular and competent tractor driver.
|Dates & Location:|| |
9:00 - 17:00.
2 days plus a separate assessment day
£350 plus a £193.50 mandatory exam fee.
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle (PA2).
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Calf Handling Practical course
- Food Smoking Half day course
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Keeping Laying Hens at Home One day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Managing a Beef Herd One day course
- Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators PA4S NPTC
- PA3 - Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A - Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Pig Handling Half day course
- Practical Lamb Butchery Two day course
- Practical Pork Butchery Two day course
- Practical Venison Butchery in a day One day course
- Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides (PA1) NPTC Level 2
- Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sausage Making Half day course
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course