WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
This viticulture workshop explores the important role of vine protection in vineyard management.
Starting with a review of the key vineyard diseases of powdery mildew, downy mildew and Botrytis, this workshop will seek to integrate a wide range of disease-management strategies allowing you to prepare a single integrated plan for use in UK vineyards.
This course is useful for vineyard managers and senior vineyard staff as well as people interested in this key area of vineyard science.
- Key vineyard diseases: symptoms, biology, spread including powdery mildew, downy mildew, Botrytis
- Monitoring for diseases in the vineyard
- Designing a pesticide application programme
- Cultural and biological methods of controlling diseases
- Designing an integrated pest control programme.
Equipment Required: This session will include some practical activity, so suitable foot wear, outdoor and all-weather clothing are required.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
WineSkills workshops are particularly suitable for people who have attended the Principles of Vinegrowing programme or who have experience in commercial vineyards.
|Dates & Location:|| |
8th April 2019
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Grapevine Disease Management.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.