WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
The early stages of winemaking offer the opportunity for winemakers to craft and deliver high quality wine styles.
Starting with a review of the winemaking options, this workshop will take you through the key stages of grape processing, alcoholic fermentation and malolactic fermentation.
During the session, we will discuss the underlying principles and explore the latest research, so that by the end of the day you will be able to discuss best approaches to each stage of these important winemaking processes.
This course is useful for winemakers and senior winery staff, as well as people interested in this key area of wine science.
- Grape Processing: Key discussions related to sorting, destemming, crushing, pressing and clarification
- Juice & Must Amelioration- Legal requirements and potential additives and processing aid able to improve quality
- Alcohol Fermentation- Yeast species and strains including inoculation and non-inoculation strategies, Key management techniques including nutrition and temperature
- Malolactic Fermentation- Key management techniques including starter cultures, nutrition and temperature
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Wineskills workshops are best suited to people who have attended Principles of Vinegrowing or have worked in vineyards before.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 26th June 2018
Time: 10:00- 16:15
Location: Plumpton College
One day course
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Grapes, Ferment and Malolactic Management.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Blending and Tirage WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Canopy Management WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Introduction to Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Protecting Your Vines from Downy mildew - with Dr Peter Spencer-Philips & Chris Cooper WineSkills Masterclass
- Pruning to Maximise Fruit Quality & Vien Health WineSkills Masterclass with Dr Alain Deloire
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Disease Management WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wine Sensory Evaluation WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 1 Day Sessions
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 1 Day Sessions
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma