Practical - surveying your garden and planting design
This course is divided in two. The first part will be taken up with designing and drawing up a plan for a garden area. This plan can either be your own garden or a friends or a project set on the course. The other part will be devoted to learning more about plants and how to associate them together in a planting plan culminating in a completed garden design inked and coloured in.
- Draw up and design a garden on paper.
- Draw up a planting plan and colour in.
- Discuss hard landscape detailing e.g water gardens, paving and walling.
- Discuss soft Landscape detailing e.g trees, shrubs and herbaceous perennials.
- Label and colour in a garden design.
Course reference: GDP002
|Entry Requirements:|| |
No formal entry requirements but it is recommended that you attend Garden Design 1
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 09.30- 12.30
Every Monday for 10 weeks
Please note 10% discount is offered to anyone who has attended Garden Design One. To receive the offer please email email@example.com to receive the promotional code in order to continue with this transaction.
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Garden Design Two.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- An Introduction to Drawing Plants and Flowers Plumpton College Certificate
- Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters City & Guilds NPTC Level 2
- Basic Brickwork One day course
- Computer Aided Design Course 2 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 3 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 1 Vectorworks
- Drawing Course for Garden Designers Plumpton College Certificate
- Further Brickwork One day course
- Garden Design Taster Day
- Garden Design Professional Diploma
- Garden Design One Design Principles
- Garden Design Three Garden visits, planting design and plans
- Garden Fencing One day course
- Paving Slabs and Block Paving One day course
- Practical Horticulture RHS Level 3 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 2 Diploma
- Practical Horticulture Skills RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 1 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Flourish) City & Guilds level 1 Award
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Garden Design) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Practical Horticulture Skills - Propagation City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate
- Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Wood Working for Landscapers One day course