Forestry & Arboriculture
Discover our forestry and arboriculture courses
There’s so much to learn and experience in the forestry and arboriculture industry. Whether you’re at school and want to join us at our Forest School, or leaving school or college, we’ve got a great selection of courses for you to enjoy.
Equally if you’re currently working in the forestry and arboriculture industry, we’ll help you to further your current skills and discover new ones.
You’ll be able to gain a wide range of skills in the latest forestry equipment and machinery. Plumpton is an excellent environment for you to come and study; we’ve got over 800 hectares here at our Plumpton estate alone for you to experience.
- Arborist Apprenticeship Level 2
- Basic Tree Survey & Inspection LANTRA One day course
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
- Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Felling Small Trees up to 380mm
- Forest Operative Apprenticeship Level 2
- Forestry and Arboriculture Intensive Course (EWITS) 8 Week Course
- Introduction to Woodland Management One day course
- Level 2 Forestry and Arboriculture Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 3 Forestry & Arboriculture Advanced Technical Extended Diploma
- ROLO (Register of Land Based Operatives) Health & Safety Awareness One day course
- Routes to Land Management and Forestry Level 1
- Safe Use of a Powered Pole Pruner NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Tree climbing and aerial rescue
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.