You'll get to cover all aspects of tree surgery on this highly practical course. You'll get to cover areas such as chainsaw use, common pests and diseases, groundwork, health and safety, identification and selection, remedial and preventative tree surgery, tree climbing and tree felling.
You can also choose to study for
- Level 2 Certificate in Forestry and Arboriculture
- Level 1 Award in Horticulture Skills and NPTC/City and Guilds Certificate of Competence
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting (201/202)
- Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing trees up to 380mm (203)
- Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue (206/306)
- Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw using Free Fall Techniques (308)
- Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Manually Fed Woodchippers
- Emergency First Aid at Work
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Although you won't necessarily need forestry or arboriculture experience, you'll need to be over 19 years old, physically fit and have a good head for heights.
8 week Intensive Tree Surgery Course, 5 days a week, full-time
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a wood miser saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
If you're looking to get into the tree work industry, this course will provide you with the invaluable skills you need. You can choose whether to go into either the private or public sectors, many of our students have set up with own businesses once they've completed their course. You can also choose to continue your studies by taking your Foundation degree in Forestry/Arboriculture or other short courses.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Forestry and Arboriculture Intensive Course.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.