Forest School is rich and diverse training programme taking part in the stunning woodlands at Plumpton College. We have programmes for schools, adult training courses and holiday clubs all focused on giving both children and students the opportunity to learn and develop in an inspirational natural environment.
Our Level 1, 2 and 3 Adult Training Courses and CPD can lead to an exciting and dynamic career working with children, young people or adults, in natures ‘wild spaces’. These qualifications can equip you to work in a leadership role as an independent practitioner, within a school or as part of the many other outdoor or environment based organisations. If you’re looking to explore a career in Forest Schools, you’ll have the chance at Plumpton to study and work in a brilliant environment.
If you have a group of children that would like to come and experience our programmes, our Forest School Programmes are highly popular. We are passionate about getting children and young people back into contact with nature. We believe that the Forest School experience, with its strong element of self-directed learning over an extended period, encourages self confidence, self esteem, problem solving and team building. These all translate into healthier, happier children with improved performance in terms of both learning and behavior back in the classroom.
We also offer a very popular Holiday Club for children to visit and take part in a day of exciting and fun activities. Children will develop an increased sense of awareness of themselves and their connection to the natural world, through exciting and challenging activities including fire lighting, tool use, shelter building, time to chill, games and woodland art; all creative, challenging and lots of fun. To book a place on our Holiday Club visit our shop here.
Short Courses and Bespoke
- Introduction to Forest Schools Level 1
- Forest School Programme Support (QCF) Level 2
- Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership Level 3
- First Aid for Forest School Leaders 2 Day Forest School Leaders First Aid including Paediatrics and Outdoor First aid
- Introduction to basic willow weaving Introductory course
There is so much on offer...
Plumpton Forest School has a wide selection of courses available including:
- Forest school programmes for schools from EYFS to KS4
- Forest School Training, First Aid and CPD for Adults and young people
- Forest Holiday clubs and after school clubs
- Forest School Community
- Specialist programmes for a special schools
Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements
Call 01273 892020