Forest School is a rich and diverse training programme which takes place in the stunning woodlands at Plumpton College.
Our Forest School offering includes programmes for school groups, as well as holiday clubs for individual children, each focused on giving children the opportunity to learn and develop in an inspirational natural environment.
Forest School Programmes for Schools
We are passionate about getting children and young people back into contact with nature so if you have a group of children that would like to come and experience outdoor learning, we are sure our programmes will be highly popular. We believe that the Forest School experience, with its strong element of self-directed learning over an extended period, encourages self confidence, self esteem, problem solving and team building. These all translate into healthier, happier children with improved performance, in terms of both learning and behaviour, back in the classroom.
Call 01273 892020
Forest School Holiday Clubs
Our very popular Forest School Holiday Club is for children to visit and take part in a day of exciting and fun activities. Children will develop an increased sense of awareness of themselves and their connection to the natural world through exciting and challenging activities, including fire lighting, tool use, shelter building, time to chill, games and woodland art – all creative, challenging and lots of fun. These are run at both Plumpton College and our Stanmer campus during school holidays.
The cost is £25.00 per child and the day will run from 09:30- 15:30.
- 29th May 2018
- 24th July 2018
- 31st July 2018
- 7th August 2018
- 14th August 2018
- 30th May 2018
- 25th July 2018
- 1st August 2018
- 8th August 2018
- 15th August 2018
- 22nd August 2018
To book a place on our Holiday Club please complete the booking form through the link below.
Adult training courses and CPD
Our Forest School programme also includes Level 1, 2 and 3 Adult Training Courses and CPD. These courses can lead to an exciting and dynamic career working with children, young people or adults, in nature's wild spaces. These qualifications can equip you to work in a leadership role as an independent practitioner, within a school, or as part of the many other outdoor or environment-based organisations. If you’re looking to explore a career in Forest Schools, you’ll have the chance at Plumpton to study and work in a brilliant environment.
Part Time Courses
- An Introduction to Spoon Carving Plumpton Certificate
- Certificate for Forest School Leaders Level 3
- Enriching Forest School in Early Years Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
- First Aid for Forest School Leaders 2 Day Forest School Leaders First Aid including Paediatrics and Outdoor First aid
- Forest School Ethos and Principles Level 1 Award
- Forest School for Assistants Level 2 Award
- Woodland Ecology & Species Identification Skills Day
- Woodland Fairy Doors & Fae Folk Workshop Skills Day
- Woodland Well Being & Mindfullness Skills Day
- Woodland Well Being - Introduction to Basic Willow Weaving Introductory course
- Woodland Well Being - Wild Cooking 1 Day Course
- Woodland Well Being - Working with Sheep Fleece 1 Day Course
- Woodland Well Being Star Gazing Chair Workshop Skills Day
- Woodland Workshops - Creating a Clay Oven Skills Day
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
There is so much on offer...
Plumpton Forest School has a wide selection of courses available including:
- Forest school programmes for schools from EYFS to KS4
- Forest School Training, First Aid and CPD for Adults and young people
- Forest Holiday clubs and after school clubs
- Forest School Community
- Specialist programmes for a special schools
Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements
Call 01273 892020