Forest School is rich and diverse training programme taking part in the stunning woodlands at Plumpton College. We have programmes for schools, adult training courses and holiday clubs all focused on giving both children and students the opportunity to learn and develop in an inspirational natural environment.
Adult training courses and CPD
Our Level 1, 2 and 3 Adult Training Courses and CPD can lead to an exciting and dynamic career working with children, young people or adults, in natures ‘wild spaces’. These qualifications can equip you to work in a leadership role as an independent practitioner, within a school or as part of the many other outdoor or environment based organisations. If you’re looking to explore a career in Forest Schools, you’ll have the chance at Plumpton to study and work in a brilliant environment.
We also offer a very popular Holiday Club for children to visit and take part in a day of exciting and fun activities. Children will develop an increased sense of awareness of themselves and their connection to the natural world, through exciting and challenging activities including fire lighting, tool use, shelter building, time to chill, games and woodland art; all creative, challenging and lots of fun. These are run at both Plumpton College and our Stanmer campus during school holidays.
£25.00 per child, 09:30- 15:30.
- 29th May 2018
- 24th July 2018
- 31st July 2018
- 7th August 2018
- 14th August 2018
- 30th May 2018
- 25th July 2018
- 1st August 2018
- 8th August 2018
- 15th August 2018
- 22nd August 2018
To book a place on our Holiday Club please complete the booking form through the link below.
Forest School Programmes
If you have a group of children that would like to come and experience our programmes, our Forest School Programmes are highly popular. We are passionate about getting children and young people back into contact with nature. We believe that the Forest School experience, with its strong element of self-directed learning over an extended period, encourages self confidence, self esteem, problem solving and team building. These all translate into healthier, happier children with improved performance in terms of both learning and behavior back in the classroom.
Short Courses and Bespoke
- Forest School Ethos and Principles Level 1 Award
- Forest School for Assistants Level 2 Award
- Certificate for Forest School Leaders Level 3
- First Aid for Forest School Leaders 2 Day Forest School Leaders First Aid including Paediatrics and Outdoor First aid
- Developing Forest School in Early Years Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
- Creative Crafts using Sheep Fleece Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
- Introduction to Creative Willow Weaving Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
There is so much on offer...
Plumpton Forest School has a wide selection of courses available including:
- Forest school programmes for schools from EYFS to KS4
- Forest School Training, First Aid and CPD for Adults and young people
- Forest Holiday clubs and after school clubs
- Forest School Community
- Specialist programmes for a special schools
Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements
Call 01273 892020