Level 1 Award
This qualification will suit a wide range of learners, including both school and college students, offender learners, and adults who wish a career change or to develop their knowledge in outdoor learning and development and Forest Schools. The qualification is aimed at anyone enthusiastic about working in the outdoors and provides an excellent starting point for further learning and development.
The course covers three key topics throughout the training and as part of the assessment requirements.
- Learning and development – Understanding the key criteria of a Forest School programme. Observation and identification of learning in young students participating in Forest School Activities
- Ecology and Conservation – Locating and identifying a range of local wildlife as well as identify environmental impacts of Forest School activities
- Practical woodland skills – Learning introductory hand tool use, woodland crafts and basic bush craft skills to complete tasks and make a range of woodland items suitable for a Forest School session.
- All learning outcomes will be achieved through a range of practical tasks as well as written and verbal assessment tasks.
This is a 3 credit unit qualification.
You can also choose to study your Forest School First Aid course with us.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, however learners must be 14+
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 9.15am - 4.15pm
Location: Plumpton College
£210 per person
Facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive if you are planning to undertake your Forest School qualifications.
The estate covers over 800 hectares of stunning countryside including four inspiring Ancient Woodland sites, an area of coniferous woodland and beautiful SSSI grasslands of the South Downs. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for skill, knowledge and creativity.
Indoors we have the expertise and experience of the Forest School training staff, supported by the expertise of the supporting departs of Forestry, Countryside, Game Keeping and Adventure Education delivered in our modern well equipped classrooms and workshops. In summary there is no better place to study Forest School qualifications.
The Level 1 Award in Introduction to Forest School Principles (QCF) enables progression to further learning opportunities within employment, or further study. The qualification can provide an introduction to a career path within the Outdoor Education sector. You can progress your knowledge and learning in the area through progression to the Forest School Level 2 and 3 courses.
Your qualification can be presented at interviews or included in applications and CVs, showing an ability to work as a team or independently. This qualification reflects and ability to communicate well with others, complete set tasks as well as demonstrates an ability to use initiative and creativity.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Forest School Ethos and Principles.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Certificate for Forest School Leaders Level 3
- Creative Crafts using Sheep Fleece Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
- Developing Forest School in Early Years Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
- First Aid for Forest School Leaders 2 Day Forest School Leaders First Aid including Paediatrics and Outdoor First aid
- Forest School for Assistants Level 2 Award
- Introduction to Creative Willow Weaving Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate