Level 2 Apprenticeship
We're proud to offer the Level 2 Butchery apprenticeship as part of the Government's new standard apprenticeship initiative. Giving you all the practical skills and invaluable knowledge you'll need to be successful as a modern butcher, this is a superb opportunity whether you're new to the industry or looking to considerably extend your skills.
You'll be able to earn and be employed at the same time; gaining additional qualifications in Food Safety and Health & Safety. Not only that, but you'll have the chance to take part in several field trips including visits to livestock markets, farms and some benchmark businesses.
Your apprenticeship also includes membership to the prestigious Institute of Meat. Spending time at our excellent butchery school at least once a month, our supportive tutors will continue to visit your workplace. Courses start three times a year, entry is by interview.
We offer impartial careers guidance to all current and potential students, to learn more about careers support at Plumpton College or to explore your next step, contact Careers Hub on 01273892010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment with a member of the team – we’re here to help.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
You will need an employer who would like to take you on as an apprentice. If you haven't found a suitable employer, we will offer you guidance on applying for jobs and interviewing techniques.
You will also attend college for a minimum number of set hours each week.
You will have ideally have achieved GCSE grades A-E or equivalent. If you have an equivalent qualification, we will also take this into consideration, along with any industry experience you may have.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 09.15- 16.15
Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called ‘co-investment’.
From April 2019, you will pay 5% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (95%), up to the funding band maximum.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Butchery Standard.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.