NPTC Level 1 Diploma
Are you creative? If you’re interested in design, crafts and flowers and deciding which course to take after school, or even looking for a new direction, this hands-on introduction to floristry could be ideal for you.
We’ve got great facilities for you to develop your practical skills here at Plumpton. You’ll learn in small groups in a supportive environment; ensuring you get the most out of your time here.
This is a three day per week full time programme aimed at primarily school leavers (16-18 year olds) who have an active interest in floristry and arts and crafts. The programme comprises basic floristry techniques, employment skills, work related experience and support to develop skills in English and Maths and general life skills.
A hands-on practical based course, requiring interest in design and flowers. Students learn a range of practical floristry skills, how to work effectively in a team, preparation for work and develop individual performance. For 14+ students they will complete the certificate and full-time students will complete the diploma
You will be assessed in a variety of verbal, practical and theory tests. Units 201 and 202 will be assessed by an online exam.
We offer impartial careers guidance to all of our students, email email@example.com to explore your next step or to book an appointment – we’re here to help.
- City & Guilds Award in Land Based Studies
- City & Guilds Certificate in Land Based Studies
- City & Guilds Diploma in Land Based Studies
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and Maths
Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
|Dates & Location:||
Two days a week in addition to English and maths
There are material costs for Floristry courses.
You will need an A4 folder and stationary kit
Looking through the prospectus and seeing the creations encouraged me to waste no time and start my career. What I've really enjoyed at Plumpton is the freedom you gain. There's so much creativity and originality incorporated here.
More than just learning about the designs, you learn how to make them yours and gain enough knowledge to start your career straight away.
After completing your course, you can choose to go on to:
- City and Guilds Level 1 LBS in Floristry diploma or the City and Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate in Floristry.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You’ll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- 201 Safe and effective working practices in land-based industries: Follow correct procedures outlined by the employer, recommended codes of practice and current legislation – Assessed by on-line test.
- 202 Preparing to work in the land-based industries: This unit enables the learner to gain experience of working within a realistic working environment in industry. It provides them with the opportunity to develop important personal skills and apply health and safety – Assessed by on-line test.
- 211 Carry out basic floristry tasks: This unit will allow the candidate to gain knowledge in skills to care and the preparation of fresh materials. The unit will allow the candidate to assist with creating flower displays.
- 212 Identify flowers, foliage’s and plants: Identification of flowers, foliage and pot plants gaining awareness of the variety of materials available to the commercial florist – Assessed by written or oral tests
- 213 Produce and maintain shop displays: Introduction into planning, creating and maintaining shop displays – Assessed by practical tasks and assignments
- 214 Produce planted designs: Gain knowledge and develop skills in the preparation and production of planted designs – Assessed by practical task, written test and assignment
- 215 Assemble basic floral designs: Gain knowledge and practical skills to prepare and construct basic floral designs in a medium, hand-tied, wired and gift wrapped designs – Assessed by practical tasks and assignments.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Floristry.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.