If you’ve already completed your Level 2 Floristry qualification or have existing floral knowledge, this brilliant course will take your skills to a new level.
You’ll be able to discover lots of advanced techniques from right across the globe. We’ve got fantastic facilities here at Plumpton and with a natural environment that will inspire you, you’ll get to create some stunning creations for a wide variety of occasions. The course will enable you to concentrate on all aspects of the creative design process.
An advanced professional and commercial floristry programme, a natural progression from the Level 2 Diploma in Floristry. A modular programme, each unit is credited.
This qualification is aimed at candidates who wish to develop their existing floristry skills. The course consists of 9 units of which all must be passed to achieve the Diploma. Each unit has theoretical and practical content. Written assignments are set for each unit and there are 17 timed practical assessments to pass
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Floristry
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and maths
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
You will be expected to complete work experience in a floristry based industry. If you are under 19, you will need to complete 150 hours work experience throughout the duration of the year and if you are over 19 you will need to complete 80 hours.
|Dates & Location:|| |
3 days per week
Looking through the prospectus and seeing the creations encouraged me to waste no time and start my career. What I've really enjoyed at Plumpton is the freedom you gain. There's so much creativity and originality incorporated here.
More than just learning about the designs, you learn how to make them yours and gain enough knowledge to start your career straight away.
We’re truly fortunate to have the beautiful natural surroundings of our Plumpton estate and the South Downs to give inspiration for all of our courses. You’ll be able to enjoy our extensive grounds and horticulture facilities, all conveniently located for your course.
- The perfect working location for your studies
Extensive estate grounds and horticulture greenhouses for you to discover at Plumpton, the ideal location for identifying and creating displays from our indoor and outdoor plants.
- Modern floristry classrooms in a natural environment
You’ll find our classes a great inspiration for your floral creations. Helping you to develop your skills in a modern and comfortable environment.
- Excellent support from experienced staff
You’ll discover great support from our experienced lecturers. Their focus is on making all of your lectures challenging but enjoyable too!
- Grow your knowledge on our course visits
As part of many of our courses, we offer visits to New Covent Garden, local garden centres and wholesalers, plus to the bulb fields of Holland.
After completing your course, you can choose to go on to study a Level 4 Higher Diploma or a Level 5 Master Florist.
Alternatively you may choose to take on a role in a floristry shop or business, with a view to taking on a supervisory role.
Indicative Programme Content
- Unit 301 - The creative design process for florists. You will explore where inspiration comes from and use mixed media to create and design logos, shop interiors and advertising materials.
- Unit 302 - Diverse flower and plant care. You will look at botany, plant processes and seasonal availability. You will also grasp flower and plant identification.
- Unit 304 - Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs for Weddings. You will create a wide range of beautiful bespoke designs inspired from designers across the globe. Shower bouquets, wired crystal tiaras and waterfall bouquets are just a small selection of the designs you will be creating.
- Unit 305 - Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs using non-traditional mediums. You will focus on the study and creation of contemporary arrangements, structures and floral constructions. As well as looking at corporate designs.
- Unit 306 - Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse funeral designs. You will work with eco-friendly products while construction wreaths, crosses and alternative sympathy tributes. You will create bespoke designs from scratch and pre-made tributes.
- Unit 307 - Working in the floristry industry. You will focus on industry experience and business studies which will include staff rotas, job descriptions and customer service.
- Unit 308 - Negotiate and agree terms and conditions for the sale of floristry products and services. You will learn how to successfully negotiate budgets with your clients and modify designs to gain commercial viability for yourself and your business.
- Unit 309 - Function and event decoration using floral displays. You will learn how to conduct a client presentation, small and large scale event work and creating decorations to planned budgets.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Floristry.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.