If you’ve already completed your Level 2 Floristry qualification or have existing floral knowledge, this brilliant course will take your skills to a new level.
You’ll be able to discover lots of advanced techniques from right across the globe. We’ve got fantastic facilities here at Plumpton and with a natural environment that will inspire you, you’ll get to create some stunning creations for a wide variety of occasions. The course will enable you to concentrate on all aspects of the creative design process.
An advanced professional and commercial floristry programme, a natural progression from the Level 2 Diploma in Floristry. A modular programme, each unit is credited.
This qualification is aimed at candidates who wish to develop their existing floristry skills. The course consists of 9 units of which all must be passed to achieve the Diploma. Each unit has theoretical and practical content. Written assignments are set for each unit and there are 17 timed practical assessments to pass
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Floristry
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and maths
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
3 days a week for 1 year
Looking through the prospectus and seeing the creations encouraged me to waste no time and start my career. What I've really enjoyed at Plumpton is the freedom you gain. There's so much creativity and originality incorporated here.
More than just learning about the designs, you learn how to make them yours and gain enough knowledge to start your career straight away.
We’re truly fortunate to have the beautiful natural surroundings of our Plumpton estate and the South Downs to give inspiration for all of our courses. You’ll be able to enjoy our extensive grounds and horticulture facilities, all conveniently located for your course.
- The perfect working location for your studies
Extensive estate grounds and horticulture greenhouses for you to discover at Plumpton, the ideal location for identifying and creating displays from our indoor and outdoor plants.
- Modern floristry classrooms in a natural environment
You’ll find our classes a great inspiration for your floral creations. Helping you to develop your skills in a modern and comfortable environment.
- Excellent support from experienced staff
You’ll discover great support from our experienced lecturers. Their focus is on making all of your lectures challenging but enjoyable too!
- Grow your knowledge on our course visits
As part of many of our courses, we offer visits to New Covent Garden, local garden centres and wholesalers, plus to the bulb fields of Holland.
After completing your course, you can choose to go on to study a Level 4 Higher Diploma or a Level 5 Master Florist.
Alternatively you may choose to take on a role in a floristry shop or business, with a view to taking on a supervisory role.
Indicative Programme Content
- 80 hours floristry work experience - mandatory
- Creative design process (7 credits)
- Diverse flower and plant care (7 credits)
- Diverse tied floral designs (12 credits)
- Diverse floral designs for weddings and formal occasions (12 credits)
- Assemble diverse floral arrangements (12 credits)
- Assemble diverse sympathy tributes (12 credits)
- Working in the floristry industry (13 credits)
- Process, cost and evaluate sales (5 credits)
- Function and event decoration (7 credits)
- English & maths
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Floristry.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.