A professional and commercial floristry qualification suitable for complete beginners to floristry (equivalent to A-C GCSE Level). It offers a foundation programme for a rewarding and worthwhile career.
The course offers a modular programme with each unit building towards the completion of the Diploma. Alternatively, an Award and Certificate can be gained with fewer credits.
The course is suitable for school leavers or adults interested in a career change. Applicants should demonstrate a clear interest in the subject as well as art
and design skills. The programme consists of 10 units with each consisting of practical and theory content. Written assignments are set for each unit. 21 Practical timed assessments also need to be passed.
Sue Maguire, Sara Greenwood and Laura Beale
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Floristry
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and Maths
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
3 days per week for 1 year
Looking through the prospectus and seeing the creations encouraged me to waste no time and start my career. What I've really enjoyed at Plumpton is the freedom you gain. There's so much creativity and originality incorporated here.
More than just learning about the designs, you learn how to make them yours and gain enough knowledge to start your career straight away.
We’re truly fortunate to have the beautiful natural surroundings of our Plumpton estate and the South Downs to give inspiration for all of our courses. You’ll be able to enjoy our extensive grounds and horticulture facilities, all conveniently located for your course.
- The perfect working location for your studies
Extensive estate grounds and horticulture greenhouses for you to discover at Plumpton, the ideal location for identifying and creating displays from our indoor and outdoor plants.
- Modern floristry classrooms in a natural environment
You’ll find our classes a great inspiration for your floral creations. Helping you to develop your skills in a modern and comfortable environment.
- Excellent support from experienced staff
You’ll discover great support from our experienced lecturers. Their focus is on making all of your lectures challenging but enjoyable too!
- Grow your knowledge on our course visits
As part of many of our courses, we offer visits to New Covent Garden, local garden centres and wholesalers, plus to the bulb fields of Holland.
After completing your course, you can choose to go on to study a Level 3 in Floristry or an advanced apprenticeship.
Alternatively, you may choose to take your NCFE Creative Craft in Advanced Wedding & Specialist Function Flowers.
Indicative Programme Content
- 40 hours’ work experience - mandatory
- Identification and processing of cut materials and pot plants (8 credits)
- Introduction to art and design for florists (6 credits)
- Introduction to plant processes and planted design (4 credits)
- Hand tied and presentation designs (6 credits)
- Funeral and sympathy designs (10 credits)
- Floral design(10 credits)
- Basic wedding designs and accessories (12 credits)
- Display of goods (6 credits)
- Introduction to working in the industry (8 credits)
- Introduction to function decorating (6 credits)
- Multiple choice test
- Health and Safety additional qualifications (Manual handling, safe working practices)
- English & Maths
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Floristry.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.