Are you creative? If you’re interested in design, crafts and flowers and deciding which course to take after school, or even looking for a new direction, this hands-on introduction to floristry could be ideal for you.
We’ve got great facilities for you to develop your practical skills here at Plumpton, plus you’ll have the flora and fauna grown here to help give you inspiration. You’ll learn in small groups in a supportive environment; ensuring you get the most out of your time here.
This is a three day per week full time programme aimed at primarily school leavers (16-18 year olds) who have an active interest in floristry and arts and crafts. The programme comprises basic floristry techniques, employment skills, work related experience and support to develop skills in English and Maths and general life skills.
The Land Based Studies Qualification (City & Guilds) can be taken at either Award, Certificate or Diploma levels depending on the amount of support each student will require.
- City & Guilds Award in Land Based Studies
- City & Guilds Certificate in Land Based Studies
- City & Guilds Diploma in Land Based Studies
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and Maths
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
|Dates & Location:|| |
3 days per week
Looking through the prospectus and seeing the creations encouraged me to waste no time and start my career. What I've really enjoyed at Plumpton is the freedom you gain. There's so much creativity and originality incorporated here.
More than just learning about the designs, you learn how to make them yours and gain enough knowledge to start your career straight away.
We’re truly fortunate to have the beautiful natural surroundings of our Plumpton estate and the South Downs to give inspiration for all of our courses. You’ll be able to enjoy our extensive grounds and horticulture facilities, all conveniently located for your course.
- The perfect working location for your studies
Extensive estate grounds and horticulture greenhouses for you to discover at Plumpton, the ideal location for identifying and creating displays from our indoor and outdoor plants.
- Modern floristry classrooms in a natural environment
You’ll find our classes a great inspiration for your floral creations. Helping you to develop your skills in a modern and comfortable environment.
- Excellent support from experienced staff
You’ll discover great support from our experienced lecturers. Their focus is on making all of your lectures challenging but enjoyable too!
- Grow your knowledge on our course visits
As part of many of our courses, we offer visits to New Covent Garden, local garden centres and wholesalers, plus to the bulb fields of Holland.
After completing your course, you can choose to go on to:
- Level 2 Floristry Awards or Certificate depending on ability
- Level 1 Certificates and Diplomas for those who achieved an Award
- Level 2 Awards or Certificates in Floristry
- Traineeship within the Floristry industry
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You’ll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Assemble basic floral designs
- Basic floristry tasks
- Identify flowers, foliages and plants
- Produce planted designs
- Working as part of a team
- Creating floral designs to a junior florist level
- Conditioning of fresh floral materials
- Care of houseplants
- Health and safety skills
- Customer skills
- Display techniques
- English & maths
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Floristry.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.