City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma
If you’ve already completed your Level 2 Floristry qualification or have existing floral knowledge, this brilliant course will take your skills to a new level.
You’ll be able to discover lots of advanced techniques from right across the globe. We’ve got fantastic facilities here at Plumpton and with a natural environment that will inspire you, you’ll get to create some stunning creations for a wide variety of occasions. The course will enable you to concentrate on all aspects of the creative design process.
An advanced professional and commercial floristry programme, a natural progression from the Level 2 Diploma in Floristry or the Level 2 Technical Certificate in Floristry.
This qualification is aimed at candidates who wish to develop their existing floristry skills. The course consists of 9 units of which all must be passed to achieve the Diploma. Each unit has theoretical and practical content. Written assignments are set for each unit and there are 17 timed practical assessments to pass
Study programmes include a minimum of compulsory work experience hours 150 for under 19’s and 80 hours for over 19’s. These can be achieved through one day a week or block placements. The amount of hours required is dependent on the study programme.
We offer impartial careers guidance to all current and potential students, to learn more about careers support at Plumpton College or to explore your next step, contact Careers Hub on 01273892010 or email email@example.com to book an appointment with a member of the team – we’re here to help.
Our mission is to pair students with their ideal employer and to support them continuously during the placement.
There is flexibility on how students complete the placement; it can be during non-college weekdays, weekends, in blocks or over the holiday period. You will receive all of the necessary information during your interview, and if you have any queries in the meantime please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Floristry
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and maths
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
|Dates & Location:|| |
3 days per week
There are material costs for Floristry courses.
I would recommend this course to anyone who has a passion for floristry! Level 3 has taught me new skills & floristry techniques, helped build my confidence and allowed me develop my own style.
After completing your course, you can choose to go on to study a Level 4 Higher Diploma or a Level 5 Master Florist.
Alternatively you may choose to take on a role in a floristry shop or business, with a view to taking on a supervisory role.
Indicative Programme Content
- Unit 301 - The creative design process for florists. You will explore where inspiration comes from and use mixed media to create and design logos, shop interiors and advertising materials.
- Unit 302 - Diverse flower and plant care. You will look at botany, plant processes and seasonal availability. You will also grasp flower and plant identification.
- Unit 304 - Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs for Weddings. You will create a wide range of beautiful bespoke designs inspired from designers across the globe. Shower bouquets, wired crystal tiaras and waterfall bouquets are just a small selection of the designs you will be creating.
- Unit 305 - Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs using non-traditional mediums. You will focus on the study and creation of contemporary arrangements, structures and floral constructions. As well as looking at corporate designs.
- Unit 306 - Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse funeral designs. You will work with eco-friendly products while construction wreaths, crosses and alternative sympathy tributes. You will create bespoke designs from scratch and pre-made tributes.
- Unit 307 - Working in the floristry industry. You will focus on industry experience and business studies which will include staff rotas, job descriptions and customer service.
- Unit 308 - Negotiate and agree terms and conditions for the sale of floristry products and services. You will learn how to successfully negotiate budgets with your clients and modify designs to gain commercial viability for yourself and your business.
- Unit 309 - Function and event decoration using floral displays. You will learn how to conduct a client presentation, small and large scale event work and creating decorations to planned budgets.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Floristry.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.