If you're looking to follow a career in coaching, this is a great choice of course for you.
What does the course cover?
There will be four key strands to the BSc:
1. Equine science knowledge and skills – this will explore the principals of equine science and provide students with a thorough grounding in subject-related areas. This also lays the foundation for students to progress to study at higher levels of undergraduate or postgraduate study.
2. Business skills – providing a foundation of skills relating to business management, research methods and business communication, all of which are contextualised to the equine industry.
3. Equine coaching - providing an understanding of industry related practice and developing key skills for a career in this industry.
4. Practical skill development - this will provide you with key vocational skills to succeed in graduate employment within the industry.
Whilst studying for the degree you can choose to train for the British Horse Society (BHS) examinations. This is optional and not included in course fees. Students are expected to register independently with the BHS.
Modules are delivered in a variety of ways including lectures, practical sessions on the College yard, equitation sessions and field trips. Opportunities are also available for you to undertake work experience abroad.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Full-time: 3 years
Part-time: 6 years
|UCAS Details:|| |
The UCAS code for this course is P410.
We've got fantastic equine facilities here on-site at Plumpton - an excellent learning and practical environment for you to enjoy. You'll be able to make sue of our extensive facilities including:
- horse walker
- show jump field and cross country course
- stabling for over 50 horses
- two large indoor schools with galleries, plus a 30m x 60m outdoor school
- weigh bridge
You'll also benefit from the use of an equine gait analysis system, a mechanical horse, plus a range of therapy resources including magnotherapy and equilibrium massage equipment, and fully-equipped laboratory facilities.
We have a superb range of horses for you to work with, ranging from youngsters being backed to ex-competition horses. Our three shire horses will also enable you to gain key practical skills in both harness horse work and stud work. we're proud to be an approved BHS 'Where to Train' centre.
Functional Anatomy (Core)
Equine Nutrition (Core)
Introduction to Business Management (Core)
Bio-Veterinary Sciences (Core)
Introduction to Coaching (Core)
Study and Research Skills (Core)
Ground Schooling and Remedial Exercise (Elective)
Equine Behavioural Science (Core)
Business and Event Management (Core)
Work Placement (Core)
Coaching the Competition Rider (Core)
Research Project (Core)
Applied Performance Training (Elective)
Advanced Equitation (Elective)
Equine Veterinary Medicine (Core)
Marketing and PR (Core)
Research Project (Core)
Specialist Coaching Techniques (Core)
Equine Genetics and Reproduction (Elective)
Equine Sports Science (Elective)
Rider Performance and Mindset (Elective)
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Equine Science and Coaching.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Equine Science and Coaching Foundation degree