This is the ideal course to build your knowledge of working with horses. You will develop essential theory and practical skills to further your understanding of the care of horses.
The Level 2 course is offered at Certificate and Extended Certificate levels. Subjects studied include:
- Undertake routine stable duties and horse handling
- Fit and maintain horse tack and clothing
- Undertake horse grooming, trimming and plaiting
- Introduction to lungeing horses.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Electively Home Educated
2 years, part-time
1 day per week
I chose this course, as I have a real passion for horses and always had horses of my own.
I am interested in pursuing a career with horses, and wanted to have a good understanding of stable management and explore different career options.
I enjoy the variety of practical and theory work throughout the day, learning about the yard routine and helping take care of the horses. Both the theory and practical elements of the course are both just as fun and interesting as well as interactive.
I really enjoy working with my peers and have now formed a great friendship group.
I am planning on progressing onto the level 3 programme in equine management and I would like to go into behaviour and training of young horses. I am also considering being a racing or polo groom.
- Students usually come into college at age 14 and are on a two year programme. On successful completion of this they are then in a position to apply for a place on the 16+ full time study programmes. Towards the end of the second year this is discussed with students as part of the progression tutorials.
- On applying for a 16+ course students will be required to attend an interview for the course and will be processed as a new applicant.
- Once students are a 16+ programme they are also in a position to apply for bursaries to support learning, travel etc.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.