Equine Groom Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship has been designed to enable you to establish your career as an Equine Groom. This is an ideal course for those who wish to develop their career within the equine industry and who wish to develop the core skills, knowledge and behaviours that are required when working with horses within an equine business. The apprenticeship is offered via two different specialisms which are either a riding pathway, or yard-based non-riding pathway. It will give a solid foundation in horse care and a strong start to a career working with horses.
- L2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship at Pass or Distinction
- You will follow a training program to complete the Apprenticeship requirements and meet the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for you to be fully competent:
- You will be employed in the industry and train with your employer and training provider to develop your evidence
- Your progress is tracked throughout the Apprenticeship through an Equine Groom Skills Passport as a learning record
- You will create and maintain a mandatory Portfolio in order to provide supporting evidence that will be needed to supplement the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours observed by the Independent Assessor at the End-Point Assessment. The portfolio will be used as evidence for a Professional Discussion.
- You will keep a record of Off the Job Training – this is training that must occur for a minimum of 20% of the time that you are in paid to work and is training delivered outside your normal working duties – to develop a wider understanding of the industry.
- You will sit a multiple-choice knowledge test as part of your end point assessment
|Dates & Location||
- To apply for this apprenticeship, you will need to be of school leaver age.
- As part of this apprenticeship, maths and English will be developed up to a Level 2 functional skills standard if you haven’t already achieved a GCSE grade 4-9, A*-C or a Level 2 Functional Skills qualification.
- You can use this qualification to continue in employment
- You can progress to the L3 Senior Groom Apprenticeship
- You could progress to a full time L3 Programme at College
- Yard & Field Routines & Duties
- Horse Anatomy, Physiology & Welfare
- Horse Handling Care & Welfare
- Saddlery & Equipment
- Travelling Horses
- Non-Ridden Exercise
- Riding / Non-riding (can choose either pathway)