Environmental Studies & Conservation
Plumpton College is set in the perfect location for countryside courses
The countryside industry is one of the most interesting and creative sectors to enter, leading to an array of interesting career opportunities. So why study it at Plumpton College?
If you have a passion for working in this environment, we’ve got a range of opportunities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
With courses that focus on the practical skills of countryside management, as well as deepening your knowledge of current conservation issues, you’ll find a course that will inspire you.
"Conservation is an industry that covers so many environmental issues and Plumpton College enables students to investigate and focus on the areas that are of interest to them. We obviously aim for each student to achieve their qualifications, and to do this well but always in a way that allows them to tailor the course to suit their personal ambitions. "
Sarah George, Lecturer at Plumpton College.
Environmental Studies & Conservation.
Whether you’re at school or college and looking to start your career or if you’re looking to change your career path, these courses are designed to fit in around your life, with flexible study options, and provide you with all you’ll need to succeed in this worthwhile and developing industry.
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Basic and Improvers Course British Beekeepers Association
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Countryside Management BTEC Level 3 - National Extended Certificate or Foundation Diploma May Start
- Environmental Studies & Conservation City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Environmental Studies & Conservation City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma
- FdSc Sustainable Land Management Foundation Degree
- Introduction to Fly Fishing 2 Day Course
- Introduction to Woodland Management One day course
- Two Week Intensive Grounds Course (TWIG) Two Week Course
- Water/Wildlife and Conservation Gardening 5 Week Course
800 hectares of land
With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
Various environments surrounding the college
On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
Wood workshops with the latest technology
You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.