One day course
This specially designed programme has been adapted from the HSE Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course to meet the needs of people who work within a school setting. The syllabus includes all content from the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course and includes additional subjects likely to be faced by first aiders working within a school.
The core content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
Additional subjects make the course more relevant than the standalone EFAW course and include
Additional subjects which are included in the EFAW for Schools course are
- Allergic Reaction
- Resuscitation and Choking for Children
Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work in Schools qualification, valid for 3 years and certificated by WorkSafe Training Systems.
Course Code: BTP096
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
11th October 2017
15th November 2017
7th February 2018
Time: 09:00- 17:00
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Emergency First Aid for Work in Schools.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced First Aid and Casualty Management (FREC) Qualsafe First Response Emergency Care Level 3
- An Income from your Kitchen Evening course
- Basic Life Support & AED Half day course
- Emergency First Aid at Work One day course
- Emergency First Aid for Work for Horticulture Operations (HSE Approved) WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work Requalification Worksafe
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Outdoor First Aid- Intermediate 2 Day Course
- Paediatric & Early Years First Aid 2 Day Course
- ROLO (Register of Land Based Operatives) Health & Safety Awareness One day course
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop