This specially designed programme has been adapted from the HSE Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course to meet the needs of people who work within Forestry, Arboriculture or Woodland management.
The syllabus includes all content from the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course and includes additional subjects likely to be faced by first aiders working a Forestry environment.
This course is recommended by the Forestry Commission. Indoor classroom tutorial, demonstrations, group work, case studies, questions and answer sessions
The core content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
Additional subjects make the course more relevant than the standalone EFAW course and include
Additional subjects which are included in the EFAW for Forestry Operations course are:
- Falls from Height
- Major bleeding & chainsaw injuries
- Crush Injuries
- Suspension Trauma
- Lymes disease
Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work in Forestry Operations qualification, valid for 3 years and certificated by WorkSafe Training Systems.
Course reference: BTP020
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.