This specially designed programme has been adapted from the HSE Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course to meet the needs of people who work within Forestry, Arboriculture or Woodland Management. The syllabus includes all content from the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course and includes additional subjects likely to be faced by first aiders working in horticulture; landscaping, garden centres, amenity, sports turf, greenkeeping and large scale production on farms or under glass.
This course is recommended by the Forestry Commission. Indoor classroom tutorial, demonstrations, group work, case studies, questions and answer sessions
The core content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
Additional subject which are included in the EFAW for Horticulture Operations course are:
- Treatment & removal of a casualty from a confined space
- Falls from height; ladders and elevated work platforms
- Catastrophic bleeding from saws, grinders, mowers and brush cutting equipment
- Crush injuries associated with tractors, ride on mowers, forklifts, ground collapse, rock and hard landscaping materials
- Asphyxiation from chemicals, fumes, carbon monoxide due to in adequate ventilation and use in confined spaces
- Chemical poisoning, Chemical Burns
- Anaphylaxis from plants, insect bites/stings
- Hyperthermia: heat exhaustion in glasshouse operations
- Traumatic limb injury/amputation from processing equipment, moving benches, conveyors etc.
- Blast injury/burns from gas explosions.
Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification in First Aid for Horticulture Operations qualification, valid for 3 years and certificated by WorkSafe Training Systems.
Course Code: BTP098
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
28th November 2017
23rd January 2018
20th February 2018
20th March 2018
24th April 2018
22nd May 2018
19th June 2018
17th July 2018
Time: 09:00- 17:00
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Emergency First Aid for Work for Horticulture Operations (HSE Approved).
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced First Aid and Casualty Management First Response Emergency Care
- Basic Life Support & AED Half day course
- Emergency First Aid at Work One day course
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Schools One day course
- First Aid at Work WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work Requalification Worksafe
- Outdoor First Aid- Intermediate 2 Day Course
- Paediatric & Early Years First Aid 2 Day Course
- ROLO (Register of Land Based Operatives) Health & Safety Awareness One day course
- Safe Use and Operation of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) NPTC Level 2 Certificate