Plumpton College Certicate
This is a one-day course in basic chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting techniques for anyone using a chainsaw on their own land.
- Health and Safety – Protective clothing
- Chainsaw maintenance – including refuelling, air filter cleaning and sharpening the chain.
- Setting the saw for work
- Cross cutting cord wood
- Re-sharpening the chain
- Storing the saw in clean and safe condition
The following protective clothing will be required:
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type C all round leg protection for arborists working in the tree and occasional users such as those working in agriculture (This is recommended for both Maintenance and Felling courses)
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection To BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap - EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Saturday 29th April 2017
Saturday 17th June 2017
Thursday 20th April 2017
Thursday 6th July 2017
09:00 to 17:00
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques NPTC Level 3 Award
- Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting Refresher Plumpton College Certificate
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Award
- Competance in Manually Fed Wood Chippers NPTC Level 2
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Felling of Small Trees Plumpton College Certificate
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Felling & Processing Trees up to 380mm Refresher Plumpton College Certificate
- Felling and Processing Tress up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Award
- Generating Income from Coppice Woodland One day course
- Introduction to Mobile Sawmilling One day course
- Introduction to Woodland Management and Applying for Felling Licences One day course
- Oak Timber Framing (Flimwell) One week course
- Oak Timber Framing (Plumpton) One week course
- Practical Woodland Management using hand tools Practical techniques
- Safe Use of a Powered Pole Pruner NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Inspection One day course
- Trug Making Plumpton College Certificate
- Woodland Archaeology One day course
- Woodland Pest & Diseases One day course
- Woodland Tree Identification Half day course
- Workshop - Different Uses of Felled Timber Practical course
- Workshop - Introduction to Woodland Management Practical course
- Workshop - Planning Timber Felling and Wood Fuel Processing Practical course
- Workshop - Tree Care to Optimise end value Half day course
- Workshop - Woodland Maintenance and Equipment Care Practical course