City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate
This course is for anyone interested in developing their basic grooming skills and who may even wish to follow a career in grooming.
This course is for the novice groomer, it introduces basic restraint and handling techniques, preparing and grooming dogs prior to bathing, as well as how to use a wide variety of equipment and techniques relevant to bathing, drying dogs and preparing their coat for styling.
Basic styling techniques will be covered.
Recommended additional study hours outside of the course are 3-4 hours per week.
All students enrolled on the Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants will cover the following content:
- Controlling and restraining animals
- Preparing and grooming dogs prior to bathing
- Bathing and cleaning dogs
- Drying dogs and preparing their coat for styling
- Basic trimming of a dogs coat
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment used for grooming
- Maintaining the cleanliness and bio security of the animal care working environment
Course code: DGP003
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Students must have at least one of the following:
|Dates & Location:|| |
13th September 2018 - 31st January 2019 (1 day a week for 18 weeks)
14th September 2018 - 2nd February 2019 (1 day a week for 18 weeks)
15th September 2018 - 2nd February 2019 (1 day a week for 18 weeks)
Location: Plumpton College
9.00 - 15.30
* funding may be available, subject to eligibility. For more information please email email@example.com
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Dog Grooming Assistants.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.