City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate
This course is for anyone interested in developing their basic grooming skills and who may even wish to follow a career in grooming.
This course is for the novice groomer, it introduces basic restraint and handling techniques, preparing and grooming dogs prior to bathing, as well as how to use a wide variety of equipment and techniques relevant to bathing, drying dogs and preparing their coat for styling.
Basic styling techniques will be covered.
Recommended additional study hours outside of the course are 3-4 hours per week.
All students enrolled on the Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants will cover the following content:
- Controlling and restraining animals
- Preparing and grooming dogs prior to bathing
- Bathing and cleaning dogs
- Drying dogs and preparing their coat for styling
- Basic trimming of a dogs coat
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment used for grooming
- Maintaining the cleanliness and bio security of the animal care working environment
Course code: DGP003
|Entry Requirements:|| |
It is recommended that anyone without experience of professional dog grooming completes the Level 1 Principles of Dog Grooming.
|Dates & Location:|| |
This course runs from 9:00 - 15:30
1 day a week for 18 weeks
Learning Level: Level 2
- You’ll be able to develop invaluable practical skills at our excellent Animal Management Unit at Plumpton.
- With extensive access to domestic, exotic and small animals, you’ll also spend time working at our equine department too.
- Our Clinical Veterinary Nursing Training Suite will give you experience of working with the latest technological equipment to extend your clinical skills.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Dog Grooming Assistants.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Canine Behaviour Plumpton College Level 2 Certificate
- Dog Agility Plumpton College Certificate
- Head Veterinary Nursing Course Plumpton College Certificate
- Introduction to Canine Massage Plumpton College Certificate
- Laboratory Training Course - Parasites -Faecal & Skin IDEXX
- Laboratory Training Course -Haematology & Urinalysis IDEXX
- Level 1 Principles Of Dog Grooming Level 1 Plumpton College Certificate
- OSPE Task Practical Revision Course Two day course
- Veterinary Receptionists CPD Plumpton College Certificate