City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate
Start your career in the Dog Grooming Industry
This qualification is designed for candidates who want to begin working in the dog grooming industry and have the desire to learn the skills required to work under supervision in a dog grooming salon.
To earn the qualification, candidates would have the opportunity to learn about the following topics:
- Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathe and clean dogs
- Clean and maintain equipment used for grooming or removing hair from animals
- Control and restrain animals
- Dry dogs and prepare their coats for styling
- Basic trimming of a dog’s coat
- Carry out reception duties
- Handle payments from clients
- Welcome, receive and care for visitors to sites
- Move animals between locations
- Maintain the cleanliness and bio security of the animal care working environment
Please do not delay your booking – to guarantee your place, please book 2 weeks in advance of course date
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
Course Fee £1157
Continue your career as a qualified Dog Grooming assistant in the industry or progress onto our City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Dog Grooming Assistant.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Hire our equine facilities
Discover our facilities available to hire, including indoor and outdoor schools and mechanical horse
Can't find an apprenticeship?
Is the apprenticeship area you are interested in not listed? Not to worry, contact us with what apprenticeship you are looking for and we will get in touch with more details.
Getting to the college
Find the easiest travel options to get here