Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
This course is designed with level 3 forest school leaders in mind, as part of growth and development as a practitioner, to hone your skills and knowledge to enhance your early years environment.
The day will allow staff to develop and practice new forest school skills to apply within their own setting. Exploring how the layout of a Forest School site can aid the child-led approach.
- Fire lighting, and management
- Use and importance of games, stories, rhythm and music
- Safe and appropriate tool use e.g use of saw, splitting using billhook, drilling appropriate to early years
- developing multi sensory resource
- Opportunities for skills and ideas sharing amongst professionals
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no specific entry requirements but the course is designed with Level 3 Forest School Leaders in mind.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: TBC, click on 'apply now' to register your interest
Time: 09:30- 15:30
Location: Plumpton College
1 day course
Facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive if you are planning to undertake your Forest School qualifications. The estate covers over 800 hectares of stunning countryside including four inspiring Ancient Woodland sites, an area of coniferous woodland and beautiful SSSI grasslands of the South Downs. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for skill, knowledge and creativity.
To top this all off we have the expertise, experience and enthusiasm of the Forest School training staff, all of whom continue to deliver programs year round to children and young people, maintaining a strong connection to hands on practice. Most unique of all is the support of the colleges Forestry, Countryside, Game Keeping and Adventure Education departments, providing expertise in many areas and we believe the highest quality of Forest School training in the area. Can there be any better place to study Forest School qualifications?
The Level 2 Award in Introduction to Forest School Programme Support (QCF) enables progression into employment as a Forest School Assistant, further learning opportunities within employment, or further study. The qualification can provide a first step onto a career path within the Forest School or other Outdoor Education sector. Students can progress their knowledge and learning in the area through progression to the Forest School Level 3 course and many environmental or educational based courses.
Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership (QCF).
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Developing Forest School in Early Years.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Certificate for Forest School Leaders Level 3
- Creative Crafts using Sheep Fleece Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
- First Aid for Forest School Leaders 2 Day Forest School Leaders First Aid including Paediatrics and Outdoor First aid
- Forest School Ethos and Principles Level 1 Award
- Forest School for Assistants Level 2 Award
- Introduction to Creative Willow Weaving Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate