Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
Great for forest school leaders or anyone interested in discovering new skills and the many and varied uses for this amazingly versatile material. Using sheep’s fleece can provide you with an impressive range of new activities or inspiration to enhance your teaching skills in a forest school environment or enjoy with friends or family.
The day will provide tuition, materials and good company that will allow you to develop and practise your new skills.
- Discover the process of fleece, staring from our own Plumpton Sheep the raw fleece is taken through the processes of washing, carding and finally spinning or sculpting.
- Learn how to scouring fleece to remove dirt and lanolin
- Tease the fleece using carders
- Make drop spindles and try your hand at spinning yarn
- Discover and try the many other uses and activities we can show you to do with fleece
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no specific entry requirements
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 29th June 2018
Location: Plumpton College
1 day course
Facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive if you are planning to undertake your Forest School qualifications. The estate covers over 800 hectares of stunning countryside including four inspiring Ancient Woodland sites, an area of coniferous woodland and beautiful SSSI grasslands of the South Downs. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for skill, knowledge and creativity.
To top this all off we have the expertise, experience and enthusiasm of the Forest School training staff, all of whom continue to deliver programs year round to children and young people, maintaining a strong connection to hands on practice. Most unique of all is the support of the colleges Forestry, Countryside, Game Keeping and Adventure Education departments, providing expertise in many areas and we believe the highest quality of Forest School training in the area. Can there be any better place to study Forest School qualifications?
The Level 2 Award in Introduction to Forest School Programme Support (QCF) enables progression into employment as a Forest School Assistant, further learning opportunities within employment, or further study. The qualification can provide a first step onto a career path within the Forest School or other Outdoor Education sector. Students can progress their knowledge and learning in the area through progression to the Forest School Level 3 course and many environmental or educational based courses.
Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership (QCF).
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Creative Crafts using Sheep Fleece.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership Level 3
- Developing Forest School in Early Years Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate
- First Aid for Forest School Leaders 2 Day Forest School Leaders First Aid including Paediatrics and Outdoor First aid
- Forest School Ethos and Principles Level 1 Award
- Forest School for Assistants Level 2 Award
- Introduction to Creative Willow Weaving Skills Day, Plumpton Certificate