An introduction to the basic skills of woodland and countryside management. Students will cover a broad range of practical skills and increase their knowledge and understanding of countryside tasks. A mixture of practical and classroom sessions will help to give you a sound understanding and create an evidence based portfolio. This course will allow learners to progress on to other countryside related courses.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that will be delivered across a number of departments including countryside, game management, forestry and horticulture.
- Tree and Shrub maintenance, planting and aftercare
- Tree pruning
- Estate skills
- Habitat management.
2 years, part-time
one day per week.
- With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
- You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
By completing this course to a high level you will be able to progress to a Level 2 course in related land-based industry such as:
- Countryside Management
- Forestry and Arboriculture
- Game Management
- Fish Management
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.