NPTC Level 2
This qualification provides candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide basic treatment to one or more species of farm animal. It covers health & safety. legislation relating to the use of Veterinary Medicines, signs of health and ill health in various species, safe and correct procedures for administering Veterinary Medicines and the procedures for monitoring the animals response and the actions to take in case on an emergency. The training provided will be in cattle and sheep.
Upon successful completion of this course candidates will receive an NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Veterinary Medicine. This qualification is issued for life, however NPTC recommend that refresher training is carried out every three to four years.
1.1 Responsible Use of Veterinary Medicines
2.1 Signs of health and ill health in formal livestock
2.3 Storage & transport
2.4 Administration methods
2.5 Legislation, Recording & Disposal
Administration of 3 methods, including injections
Competent handling skills
Competent use of dosing equipment
Course reference: AGP002
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Preferably experience of handling and working with farm livestock.
Pen and note pad will be required for the course.
You will need wellies, overalls and waterproof coat and trousers if wet.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Dates: 16th- 17th January 2018
Time: 09.15- 16.15
Additional £101 for assessment at end of course.
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Competence in the Safe and Responsible Use of Veterinary Medicines.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC Level 2
- PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC Award
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators NPTC
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course