One day course
A one day course for anyone who is interested in learning how to make charcoal.
The course uses small-scale kilns (oil drum size) suitable for producing charcoal in the woods or garden. No previous experience needed.
- Introduction to history of charcoal making and the burning process.
- Outline of different kiln designs. Sawing wood and loading kilns. Lighting kilns.
- Monitoring burn and discussion on wood types, sourcing kilns and marketing charcoal.
Course reference: COP020
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Plumpton College at Flimwell Woodland Enterprise Centre,
This course runs on a Saturday from 10:00 to 16:00
- With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
- You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Charcoal Making.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Hedge Laying One day course
- Introduction to Green Woodworking One day course
- Shingle Making - Wooden Roofing One day course
- Stock Fencing One day course
- Trug Making Plumpton College Certificate
- Wildlife of Sussex Evening course
- Willow Structures One day course