The WorkSafe First Aid at Work programme meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders working in medium and high risk environments.
The qualification will equip the first aider with skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work and provide effective care for a wide range of common workplace injuries and illnesses.
First Aid at Work training consists of 18 hours of instructor led tuition, delivered over a minimum of 3 days, with emphasis throughout on practical application of first aid skills.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding
- The ability to recognise and treat a patient in shock
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work
- Students will also learn to provide care for patients who have: suffered a burn or scald, injured bones, muscles or joints, been poisoned by ingestion or inhalation of a substance or gas, suffered an injury to the eye
- Signs & symptoms of a major illness e.g. heart attack
- Note pad and pen
Course reference: BTP010
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 09:30- 16:30
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in First Aid at Work.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.