WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
This workshop will review the key factors that influence blending decisions for both still and sparkling wines. Different blending strategies will be discussed, followed by a practical blending session covering a variety of wine styles.
We also investigate secondary fermentation and the key science behind it, providing guidelines and principles of successful sparkling wine production.
This course is useful for winemakers and senior winery staff as well as people interested in the key area of wine science.
Part 1: Preparing or Blending.
- Key factors to consider:alcohol, acidity, sweeteners, colour and phenolic content.
- Influence of blending on stability and other winemaking exercise
- Session included open discussion and practical blending exercise
Part 2: Tirage
- The secondary fermentation process
- Key factors to consider: Yeast strain, temperature, nutrition, sugar and adjuvants
- Session includes practical advice to minimise risk when undertaking the secondary fermentation
Course Code: WNP019
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Suited for people who have attended 'Principles of Winemaking' or have worked in wineries before.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 20th March 2018
Time: 10:00- 16:15
Location: Plumpton College
One day course
There is also a £25.00 materials fee
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Blending and Tirage.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Canopy Management WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Introduction to Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Disease Management WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 1 Day Sessions
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 1 Day Sessions
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma