This two day course covers the syllabus for the British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) Basic Assessment. Ideal for those wishing to improve their beekeeping knowledge and skills and for those wishing to take (and pass) the optional Basic Assessment.
- Natural History of Honeybees
- Setting up an Apiary
- The Beekeeping Year
- Feeding Bees
- Swarm Control
- Pest and Diseases
- Plants for Bees
- Products of the Hive
- plus 2 practical sessions at the Apiary
The optional BBKA Basic Assessment is organised by local beekeeping groups. Candidates need to be BBKA Members with one year’s beekeeping experience and to pay a fee of £20 to the BBKA
|Entry Requirements:|| |
At least one season’s experience with honeybees. For those with no experience, the Taster Day and the Hive and Frame Assembly courses are recommended.
|Dates & Location:|| |
- With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
- You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Beekeeping Basic and Improvers Course.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Charcoal Making One day course
- Hedge Laying One day course
- Introduction to Green Woodworking One day course
- Shingle Making - Wooden Roofing One day course
- Stock Fencing One day course
- Trug Making Plumpton College Certificate
- Wildlife of Sussex Evening course
- Willow Structures One day course