Half day course
A 4 hour training programme designed to give candidates a basic knowledge of emergency resuscitation skills and instruction on how to use a portable Automated External Defibrillator.
The WorkSafe Basic Life Support (BLS) with AED programme meets the Learning Outcomes of the UK Resuscitation Council for CPR and AED use. It is an excellent syllabus to teach members of the public and community who would benefit from knowing basic lifesaving skills and how to safely use an AED.
WorkSafe Basic Life Support is a short and concise training programme that focuses on initial, time critical care for life threatening situations including dealing with someone who has stopped breathing, is choking or has become unconscious. Dealing with severe bleeding can be added to the syllabus dependant on requirements. Information will also be presented on the Chain of Survival concept to identify how prompt, effective actions will greatly increase the chance of survival.
WorkSafe Basic Life Support training meets with the minimum training recommendations an ‘Appointed Person’ in the workplace as detailed in the HSE Approved Code of Practice L74.
The WorkSafe Basic Life Support programme content includes:
- Importance of self-protection and use of barriers
- Chain of Survival
- Primary Survey
- Unconscious Casualties and Recovery Position
- Adult CPR
- Information on AED's
- Using the AED
- Dealing with Choking
- Basic Bleeding Control (optional)
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
23rd April 2018
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Basic Life Support & AED.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced First Aid and Casualty Management First Response Emergency Care
- Emergency First Aid at Work One day course
- Emergency First Aid for Work for Horticulture Operations (HSE Approved) WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Schools One day course
- First Aid at Work WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work Requalification Worksafe
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 3 Certificate
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Award
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Certificate
- Leadership & Managment ILM Level 3 Award
- Leadership & Team Skills ILM Level 2 Award
- Leadership & Team Skills ILM Level 2 Certificate
- Manual Handling Plumpton College Certificate
- Outdoor First Aid- Intermediate 2 Day Course
- Paediatric & Early Years First Aid 2 Day Course
- Safe Use and Operation of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) NPTC Level 2 Certificate