- The history of curing
- Different methods of curing
- Dry curing and brining
- The science of curing
- Specialist cures
- Prepare a side of pork for curing
- Look at specifications for each cut
- Dry cure some pork products
- Take home some product to continue the curing process at home and have some delicious products to eat.
Course reference: FTP013
|Entry Requirements:|| |
An interest in the subject.
Students should wear casual clothes suitable for butchery.
Robust shoes (not trainers).
Disposable aprons and coats will be provided.
Students may bring their own knives but college knives will be provided.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 19th February 2018
Time: 09:30- 16:30
+ £30.00 for materials.
Course takes place at our Butchery School in Robertsbridge.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Bacon and Gammon Curing Carcass Preparation.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.