Level 3 (Subsidiary Diploma)
If you’re looking to take your animal care skills to a higher level, this is the course for you.
Through this exciting mix of practical demonstrations, lectures and visits at Plumpton, you’ll be able to develop your technical knowledge and practical animal handling skills.
Ideal if you’re looking to move into a management or supervisory role. This course also includes an industry work placement for one day a week, giving you hands-on experience and building your contacts.
Tutor: Simon McGill and Elise Gerber
One day per week for the duration of the programme.
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Animal Management
- Plumpton College Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Animal Management
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English & Maths
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
4 days per week for 2 years
My course content was really varied, from husbandry and welfare to exotics and behaviour. I'm now much more confident and wiser about every aspect of looking after animals.
You’ve got a fantastic animal management unit to discover here at Plumpton where you’ll be able to experience the latest technology and equipment. Each of the different animals requires a certain level of care so you’ll be able to experience managing different environments.
- All types of animal care management
We cater for an extensive range of animals: from amphibians to birds, fish to livestock, mammals to reptiles.
- Extensive farming facilities for you to discover
You’ll be able to develop invaluable practical handling skills at our Plumpton College farm site which manages a huge range of livestock.
- The perfect learning environment for your studies
We’ve got great facilities for you to work in and develop your practical skills no matter what course you’re studying.
After completing your course, you can choose to go on to study a Foundation Degree in either Animal Behaviour, Animal Science, Veterinary Nursing or Welfare at Plumpton.
Alternatively you’ll have the skills to find employment as a Veterinary Nurse or in a position of responsibility in a cattery, pet shop or zoo.
Indicative Programme Content
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You’ll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Animal health
- Principles of animal biology
- Animal handling and safe working
- Work related experience in the animal care industry
- Principles of animal nutrition and animal nursing
- Kennel and cattery management
- Principles & practices of exotic animals and their health and husbandry
- English & Maths
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Animal Management.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.