This course is designed to provide you with a broad education in Animal Care as a basis for Further Education courses at college and for moving into relevant employment afterwards.
Its aim is to develop learner’s theory and practical skills and increase their knowledge and understanding of many different aspects of animal husbandry and natural history (as well as including numeracy, literacy and IT skills) which learners will need to progress on to other courses or to work in the Animal Care Industry.
- Animal Behaviour and Handling
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Principles and Practices of Animal Establishments.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Electively Home Educated
2 years, part-time
one day per week
Luc progressed from the 14 - 16 level 1 course to take the level 2 and then 3 in Animal Care, achieving 'Top Student' on the 14-16 course.
- Students usually come into college at age 14 and are on a two year programme. On successful completion of this they are then in a position to apply for a place on the 16+ full time study programmes. Towards the end of the second year this is discussed with students as part of the progression tutorials.
- On applying for a 16+ course students will be required to attend an interview for the course and will be processed as a new applicant.
- Once students are a 16+ programme they are also in a position to apply for bursaries to support learning, travel etc.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.