This course enables students to prepare and use hand held injection pesticides applicators. Including nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation.
For the use of injection in Japanese Knot Weed and Giant Hogweed.
- Environmental risks
- Legal and safety requirements
- Interpretation of the label
- Preparation and maintenance of the applicator
- Needle types and sizes
- Filling and mixing procedures
- Safe injection of pesticides
- Application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Safe disposal of unwanted pesticides
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
- Wellington or full legength water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Stop watch
- Notepad and Pen
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
26th April 2019
Time: 13:00 - 17:00
Location: Plumpton College
half day plus separate assessment.
£115 plus mandatory £138 exam fee
*please note NPTC registration fees will be increasing from 1st April 2017*
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.