This course enables students to prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators near water. Including nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation.
- Environmental & aquatic risks
- Legal and safety requirements
- Interpretation of the label
- Preparation and maintenance of the knapsack sprayer
- Nozzle types and uses
- Calibration-Filling and mixing procedures
- Measuring areas to be treated
- Safe spraying application near water
- Application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Safe disposal of unwanted pesticides
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
- Wellington or full legength water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Stop watch
- Notepad and Pen
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
26th - 24th April 2019
Time: 9:00 - 12:30
Location: Plumpton College
Half day plus a separate assessment.
£115 plus a mandatory £139 exam fee.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.