Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
This course enables students to prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators. Including nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation.
- Environmental risks
- Legal and safety requirements
- Interpretation of the label
- Preparation and maintenance of the knapsack sprayer
- Nozzle types and uses
- Filling and mixing procedures
- Safe spraying application
- Application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Safe disposal of unwanted pesticides
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
- Wellington or full legength water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Stop watch
- Notepad and Pen
Course reference: PEP008
|Entry Requirements:|| |
The entry requirements for the course are: PA1 Safe use of pesticides.
|Dates & Location:|| |
10th September - 11th September 2019
24th September - 25th September
2 days plus a separate assessment day.
£416 including a £141 mandatory exam fee.
- NPTC PA6AW Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle
- NPTC PA6INJ Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.