This course will cover legislation, preparation and maintenance of the sprayer, as well as nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation.
The training will based on the use of a tractor mounted Boom Sprayer.
- Legal requirements
- Environmental risks
- Understanding the label
- Set up and efficiency of air system
- Applicator controls and components
- Preparation of prime mover and equipment
- Safe driving
- Nozzle identification/ uses
- Mechanical defects
- Measuring and mixing pesticides
- Sprayer application
- Completion of application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Wellington or full length water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Stop watch
- Notepad and Pen
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
Please do not delay your booking – to guarantee your place, please book 2 weeks in advance of course date
PA1 - As this is a short and very intense course, we cannot include tractor driving training. Therefore candidates for this unit must either hold a tractor driving certificate or be a regular and competent tractor driver.
|Dates & Location:||
2 days plus a separate assessment day
Course fee £350
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.