BTEC Level 1 Diploma (Netherfield)
This one year programme is designed for school leavers and offers a route to employment or possible progression on to a Level 2 programme.
You will normally spend between 2 and 3 days in College with the remainder of your time available for work experience. The programme is at level 1 and is available in three options which allows you to develop your practical agricultural skills and give you the flexibility to study at a pace most suitable to you.
Here are some of the areas covered throughout the year:
- A1- Being organised
- A2 – Developing a progression plan
- A3 – Working with others
- A4 – Researching a topic
- LBS5 - Finding out about the land-based sector
- LBS6 - Caring for and feeding animals
- LBS7 - Moving and accommodating animals
- LBS8 – Growing plants
- LBS11 – Using land-based machinery
- LBS12 – Preparing soil for planting
We offer impartial careers guidance to all of our students, email email@example.com to explore your next step or to book an appointment – we’re here to help.
This course is available at both our Lewes and Netherfield campuses.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
3 days per week
While I was at Plumpton I soon found that I was particularly interested in dairy farming. In my middle year I had the chance to truly hone my skills as part of a farming business, which has certainly made me more employable.
This course gives you a fantastic start to your agricultural career. You’ll be able to choose whether to go on to complete a Level 2 programme or a traineeship, working towards gaining a full apprenticeship.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You’ll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Farm Animal Movements
- Farm Animal Health & Welfare
- Introduction to Farm Animal Husbandry
- Introduction to Health & Safety
- Tractor Driving
Indicative Programme Content
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment
- Maintain the safety of self and others
- Assist with movement of animals
- Assist with preparing livestock accommodation
- Assist with monitoring livestock outdoors
- Assist with animal accommodation
- Care of farm animals
- Farm animal heath
- Assist with basic operation of a tractor
- Understanding soils
- Self management skills
- Working in a team
- English & Maths
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Agriculture.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
View our funding options
Paying for a course can be a major financial commitment. We have options available to help
Getting to the college
Find the easiest travel options to get here
Book a bespoke tour of our Netherfield Site
For a personal tour of our Netherfield site