BTEC Level 1 Diploma
This one year programme is designed for school leavers and offers a route to employment or possible progression on to a Level 2 programme.
You will normally spend between 2 and 3 days in College with the remainder of your time available for work experience. The programme is at level 1 and is available in three options which allows you to develop your practical agricultural skills and give you the flexibility to study at a pace most suitable to you.
Here are some of the areas covered throughout the year:
- A1- Being organised
- A2 – Developing a progression plan
- A3 – Working with others
- A4 – Researching a topic
- LBS5 - Finding out about the land-based sector
- LBS6 - Caring for and feeding animals
- LBS7 - Moving and accommodating animals
- LBS8 – Growing plants
- LBS11 – Using land-based machinery
- LBS12 – Preparing soil for planting
This course is available at both our Lewes and Netherfield campuses.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
3 days per week
While I was at Plumpton I soon found that I was particularly interested in dairy farming. In my middle year I had the chance to truly hone my skills as part of a farming business, which has certainly made me more employable.
This course gives you a fantastic start to your agricultural career. You’ll be able to choose whether to go on to complete a Level 2 programme or a traineeship, working towards gaining a full apprenticeship.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You’ll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Farm Animal Movements
- Farm Animal Health & Welfare
- Introduction to Farm Animal Husbandry
- Introduction to Health & Safety
- Tractor Driving
Indicative Programme Content
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment
- Maintain the safety of self and others
- Assist with movement of animals
- Assist with preparing livestock accommodation
- Assist with monitoring livestock outdoors
- Assist with animal accommodation
- Care of farm animals
- Farm animal heath
- Assist with basic operation of a tractor
- Understanding soils
- Self management skills
- Working in a team
- English & Maths
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Agriculture.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.