Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques (Plumpton)
NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Using a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness
This course will teach you about operating a chainsaw in a tree, using a rope and harness.
The course will concentrate on the five basic requirements for NPTC assessment, as well as drawing on safe and accurate working practices. Chainsaws are provided but students must bring their own PPE.
Please note that this course has a £115 mandatory exam fee.
- Protective Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs, eye protection and chin strap.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 981-5) Type C for tree surgeons. The trousers must have all round leg protection.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection (toe cap EN 345) Chainsaw protection (pr EN 345 part 2), not forestry wellingtons.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
- For the assessment all candidates will require a personal first aid kit and a whistle.
Coures reference: FOP005 Plumpton
|Dates & Location||
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
Total Fees: £615
(Tuition Fee £471/Assessment Fee £144)
- NPTC Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance And Cross Cutting (002003)
- NPTC Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (002004)
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue (002013)"