NPTC Level 3 Award
This course will teach you about operating a chainsaw in a tree, using a rope and harness.
The course will concentrate on the five basic requirements for NPTC assessment, as well as drawing on safe and accurate working practices. Chainsaws are provided but students must bring their own PPE.
- Protective Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs, eye protection and chin strap.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 981-5) Type C for tree surgeons. The trousers must have all round leg protection.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection (toe cap EN 345) Chainsaw protection (pr EN 345 part 2), not forestry wellingtons.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
- For the assessment all candidates will require a personal first aid kit and a whistle.
Course reference: FOP005
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
13th November 2018 - 15th November 2018
Time: 09:00- 17:00
3 days plus an assessment day
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.