NPTC Level 3 Award
This course will teach you about operating a chainsaw in a tree, using a rope and harness.
The course will concentrate on the five basic requirements for NPTC assessment, as well as drawing on safe and accurate working practices. Chainsaws are provided but students must bring their own PPE.
Please note that this course has a £115 mandatory exam fee.
- Protective Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs, eye protection and chin strap.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 981-5) Type C for tree surgeons. The trousers must have all round leg protection.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection (toe cap EN 345) Chainsaw protection (pr EN 345 part 2), not forestry wellingtons.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
- For the assessment all candidates will require a personal first aid kit and a whistle.
Course reference: FOP005 Flimwell
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
Monday 10th - Wednesday 12th April 2017
This course runs from 09.00-17.00.
3 days plus an assessment day
£450 plus a £115 mandatory exam fee
*please note NPTC will be increasing their registration fees from 1st April 2017*
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting Refresher Plumpton College Certificate
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Award
- Competance in Manually Fed Wood Chippers NPTC Level 2
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Felling of Small Trees One day course
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting (Flimwell) One day course
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting (Plumpton) One day course
- Emergency First Aid at Work + Forestry WorkSafe
- Felling & Processing Trees up to 380mm Refresher Plumpton College Certificate
- Felling and Processing Tress up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Award
- Generating Income from Coppice Woodland One day course
- Introduction to Mobile Sawmilling One day course
- Introduction to Woodland Management and Applying for Felling Licences One day course
- Oak Timber Framing (Flimwell) One week course
- Oak Timber Framing (Plumpton) One week course
- Practical Woodland Management using hand tools Practical techniques
- Safe Use of a Powered Pole Pruner NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Inspection One day course
- Trug Making Plumpton College Certificate
- Woodland Archaeology One day course
- Woodland Pest & Diseases One day course
- Woodland Tree Identification Half day course
- Working Horses in Forestry and Woodland Management Three day course
- Workshop - Different Uses of Felled Timber Practical course
- Workshop - Introduction to Woodland Management Practical course
- Workshop - Planning Timber Felling and Wood Fuel Processing Practical course
- Workshop - Tree Care to Optimise end value Half day course
- Workshop - Woodland Maintenance and Equipment Care Practical course