Level 1/2 First Award
A perfect choice for those students who are passionate about staying active. You will develop knowledge and practical skills using a range of academic and physical methods focused around the sporting employment sector. Practical activities could include, Football, Rugby, racket sports, hiking, paddlesport, climbing and fitness development which will be embedded throughout the academic content.
Units you will study:
- Fitness for sport and exercise (external examination)
- Practical sport performance
- Applying principles of training
- Leading sports activities
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Electively Home Educated
|Dates & Location:|| |
1 year, part time (First award)
One day per week
- Students usually come into college at age 14 and are on a two year programme. On successful completion of this they are then in a position to apply for a place on the 16+ full time study programmes. Towards the end of the second year this is discussed with students as part of the progression tutorials.
- On applying for a 16+ course students will be required to attend an interview for the course and will be processed as a new applicant.
- Once students are a 16+ programme they are also in a position to apply for bursaries to support learning, travel etc.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Sport.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.