The Equine nursing pathway can be taken in the third year as part of the Veterinary Nursing Apprenticeship. The course will be supported by online material, guest speakers, visits to equine hospitals and teaching by registered Equine Veterinary Nurses and Equine Veterinary Surgeons.
All students must be employed in an equine training practice.
The Framework includes:
- Occupational Qualification – Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
- Functional skills in English and maths
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
Course reference: VN001/3
Phone: 01273 892030
|Entry Requirements:|| |
5 GCSEs at Grade C and above in English, Mathematics, Science plus two other subjects. Students also need to have been employed in their current training practice for a minimum of 6 – 12 months.
Before applying for this course you must have an employer who would like to take you on as an apprentice.
If you are still looking for an employer, keep an eye on our careers page
|Dates & Location:|| |
Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called ‘co-investment’.
From May 2017, you will pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum.
- You’ll be able to develop invaluable practical skills at our excellent Animal Management Unit at Plumpton.
- With extensive access to domestic, exotic and small animals, you’ll also spend time working at our equine department too.
- Our Clinical Veterinary Nursing Training Suite will give you experience of working with the latest technological equipment to extend your clinical skills.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Advanced Apprenticeship in Veterinary Nursing – Equine Nursing.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.