This course is aimed at employees who have taken on more of a specialised or supervisory role in jobs such as Zoo Keeper, Animal Keeper, Dog Warden and Animal Management Technician.
The Apprenticeship is an excellent way to develop your skills while working in the industry.
The Framework includes:
- Occupational Qualification - Diploma in Work-Based Animal Care level 3
- Functional skills in English and maths
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
Course reference: ANA002
Phone: 01273 892030
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Before applying for this course you must have an employer who would like to take you on as an apprentice.
If you are still looking for an employer, keep an eye on our careers page
|Dates & Location:|| |
Three starting points – September, January and May
Every other Thursday for 24 months
You’ve got a fantastic animal management unit to discover here at Plumpton where you’ll be able to experience the latest technology and equipment. Each of the different animals requires a certain level of care so you’ll be able to experience managing different environments.
- All types of animal care management
We cater for an extensive range of animals: from amphibians to birds, fish to livestock, mammals to reptiles.
- Extensive farming facilities for you to discover
You’ll be able to develop invaluable practical handling skills at our Plumpton College farm site which manages a huge range of livestock.
- The perfect learning environment for your studies
We’ve got great facilities for you to work in and develop your practical skills no matter what course you’re studying.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Advanced Apprenticeship in Animal Care.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Animal Nursing Assistant Level 2
- Apprenticeship in Animal Care Level 2
- Diploma in Work-Based Animal Care - Animal Care and Welfare Pathway Level 3
- Dog Grooming Apprenticeship Intermediate and Advanced