MSc Viticulture & Oenology Programme Leader/Lecturer at Plumpton College
Responsible to: Head of Wine Department
Scale: Points 30 – 35 (currently £29,245 – £32,777 per annum)
Job Status: Permanent
Job Purpose: To deliver and manage learning to full-time and part-time students, be responsible for the development and delivery of the Masters Course in Viticulture & Oenology, and support research in the Wine Department.
- To manage student learning as directed by the Head of the Wine Department in agreement with the Deputy Principal (Academic and Quality), taking registers for all classes taught.
- In line with the College’s QA guidelines, to prepare and maintain schemes of work (records of work), module assessment programmes and records, and provide feedback to students for all groups taught.
- To participate as a member of the Wine Department Team, including attending meetings as requested.
- To support the Head of the Wine Department and Head of HE:
- In the preparation of materials for audit, verification and inspection
- By participating in and contributing to activities involving the recruitment and selection of students, and marketing and promotional activities on behalf of the College
- By maintaining effective communication with other staff, including attendance at curriculum area and staff meetings
- By maintaining close links with industry, including work experience providers, employers and attending Curriculum Advisory Panel meetings
- By undertaking the role of Internal Verifier as directed
Programme management (0.2):
- As Programme Leader:
- To annually review, prepare and issue a student handbook for the programme
- To provide a tutorial programme for the students
- To manage regular course team meetings
- To meet quality assurance requirements by compiling material for the Programme Master File on the M Drive
- To participate in an annual programme review as defined within the College’s QA guidelines
- To develop new curriculum in response to student need
- To work with the Head of the Wine Department to develop research by:
- Supporting the research activities of staff and students in the Wine Department,
- Developing and implementing the Wine Department research strategy, including the development of post-graduate research.
- Publicising and promoting wine research activities and their findings, including the production and distribution of an annual report of research in the Wine Department.
- Generating research partnerships and funding.
- Liaising with the Head of Research Development to ensure coordination of activity within the College.
- To acquire and maintain professional knowledge, understanding and skills.
- To participate in, and contribute to, activities involving marketing and promotional activities on behalf of the College.
- To adhere to the College’s Safety Policy, ensuring that appropriate safety standards are maintained during all the College’s activities.
- To comply with and actively promote the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- To participate in an annual appraisal of performance.
- To undertake staff development appropriate to the needs of the College and that identified by the appraisal process.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post as requested by the Senior Management Team or Principal.
This Job Description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties, or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify reconsideration of the grading of the post. Plumpton College aims to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all staff, students and visitors and we welcome and encourage applications from all sections of the community. Plumpton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 11th July 2013
Download Word application form (.doc, 116kb)
Download PDF application form (.pdf, 481kb)
Plumpton College is a Partner College of the University of Brighton.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
All appointments are subject to an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.